Emergency Situations While Driving
All persons who operate a motor vehicle
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Do you sometimes worry that you won’t be able to handle emergencies that might happen while you’re driving? Worrying isn’t helpful; instead prepare for potential driving emergencies by learning how to respond appropriately and safely to them. Successfully handling emergencies requires knowledge of how to prevent them when possible and how to handle them when they do happen. Understanding the typical types of collisions can help you avoid them, knowing how to handle a skid can help you successfully steer out of one, and knowing how to adjust your driving to hazardous weather conditions can help you prevent or avoid weather-related emergencies. It is also important that you know how to safely handle a breakdown. Finally, you should know how to complete an accident report in case you’re involved in an accident.
Emergency Situations While Driving was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
Responding to Emergencies While Driving
- avoid the four types of collisions you could have when driving
- take appropriate action to recover from a skid while driving
- take appropriate precautions when driving in hazardous weather
- identify the guidelines to follow when the vehicle you’re driving breaks down
- identify the guidelines to follow when you’re involved in an accident