Ergonomics and Injury Prevention for Commercial Vehicle Operators
Operators of commercial vehicles and other large trucks
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course is designed to prevent drivers from risks of injury they face when operating commercial vehicles, and when manually handling the loads they may be transporting. The course discusses various types of injuries associated with operating commercial motor vehicle. It also addresses the ergonomics practices, safety controls, and personal protective equipment (PPE) that commercial vehicle operators should use to minimize or prevent chances of getting injured at work.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
Ergonomics and Injury Prevention
- differentiate between the federal agencies that have jurisdiction over employees operating motor vehicles used for commercial purposes
- recognize the driving industries and occupations that have a higher rate of musculoskeletal disorders
- match the hazards associated with operating a motor vehicle to the types of injuries that may occur as a result
- recognize safe work practices and injury prevention methods for operating a commercial motor vehicle
- identify the types of PPE drivers should use when handling materials they’ve transported