Facing the Management Challenges of Difficult Behavior and Diverse Teams
All individuals in a management role at any level, including supervisors, team leaders, professionals, departmental heads, directors, top management, and executives.
As a manager, you will inevitably encounter difficulties when dealing with your employees. Two areas you may experience this in is dealing with difficult behavior and managing diverse teams. Whether they are blatant or less obvious, behavioral problems need to be addressed before they affect morale and productivity. Likewise, its important to consider the needs of all employees, no matter their backgrounds. This course covers best practices for confronting your employees about their difficult behavior and well as the key aspects of managing a diverse workforce effectively.
Handling Challenges as a Manager
- identify common effects of not dealing with employee behavior problems
- sequence the steps in confronting difficult behavior
- select techniques to build diversity awareness as a manager
- recall methods of understanding diversity issues as a manager
- identify how to reinforce group norms as a manager
- recognize techniques for managing a diverse team
- recognize techniques for dealing with the challenges of difficult behavior and diverse teams