Fall Prevention Awareness – Canada
All personnel who work in areas where workplace fall hazards exist
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course is intended to provide workers who might be exposed to fall hazards, including falls on level ground, with the information needed to recognize and minimize such hazards. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements. Additional training will be necessary for those in the construction industry who are required to comply with the Province of Ontario, Working at Heights Training Program Standard. Note: Workers are also provided information to help them recognize common workplace fall hazards, describe fall protection techniques used in general industry, describe the primary components of an effective fall protection program, and identify fall protection techniques, methods, equipment, and limitations.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by the Pinchin Group of Companies, an environmental, health and safety consulting firm with offices across Canada.
Fall Prevention Awareness
- recognize common workplace fall hazards
- identify common workplace tripping hazards
- recognize ways to protect workers from workplace fall hazards
- identify fall prevention techniques and methods
- identify guidelines related to fall protection equipment
- identify who is in charge of safety monitoring