All personnel exposed to a potential free fall greater than 6 feet while on the job
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course is intended to provide employees who might be exposed to fall hazards with the ability to recognize such hazards and the ability to minimize them. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements.
Learner objectives are to recognize common workplace fall hazards, describe fall protection techniques used in general industry, identify fall protection equipment and limitations, and describe the primary components of an OSHA-compliant fall protection program.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
This course was reviewed and updated for the November 2016 OSHA final rule updating walking-working surfaces standards and personal fall protection systems requirements.
Fall Protection Awareness
- recognize common workplace fall hazards
- identify common workplace tripping hazards
- identify fall protection techniques and methods
- identify guidelines related to fall protection equipment
- identify who is in charge of safety monitoring
- recognize ways to protect workers from workplace fall hazards