Financial Accounting with SAP
Project team members involved in implementing SAP; trainee technical consultants on SAP implementation projects; and anyone requiring an overview of the SAP solution set.
The SAP Financial modules are at core of any integrated SAP System. All module transactions with a monetary impact flow through to the Finance module, usually in real time and automatically through the SAP configuration. In order to work with the Finance Module or any module, you must have an understanding of the concepts behind mySAP ERP and be familiar with the steps for executing tasks using SAP’s interface. This course discusses these underlying concepts, and introduces the SAP R/3 GUI. It also identifies the data required to align your business processes with the Financial Accounting and Controlling modules in order to complete financial transactions and create reports.
This course focuses on the use of SAP R/3, and offers additional information about the upgrades and enhancements available in SAP ERP 6.0.
Getting Started with mySAP ERP
- associate each layer of SAP R/3 architecture with its function
- recognize the purpose and function of key SAP R/3 features
- recognize how to open a task screen in the SAP R/3 GUI
- execute a task without using a transaction code, in a given scenario
- determine the transaction code for a task and execute it, in a given scenario
The Financial Accounting Module in SAP R/3
- determine the transaction and data required to extract the desired Financial Accounting information, in a given scenario
- select the appropriate Financial Accounting report in a given scenario
- recognize the inputs required for a Financial Accounting report, in a given scenario
- align business processes with the Financial Accounting module in a given scenario
- select appropriate Financial Accounting reports for a given scenario
The Controlling Module in SAP R/3
- determine the transaction and data required to extract the desired Controlling information, in a given scenario
- recognize the inputs required for a Controlling module report in a given scenario
- select the Controlling module report that will provide the information required in a given scenario
- align business processes with the Controlling module in a given scenario
- select appropriate Controlling reports for a given scenario