First Aid: Automated External Defibrillator
The primary focus of this course is the proper use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED). Use of the AED also includes the correct application of the ABCs of basic life support and basic CPR techniques, which will also be reviewed in this training.
Note: This training should not be used as the primary basis for any AED or CPR certification. It is intended to provide the learner with knowledge-based training only and should be accompanied with a performance-based component provided by a qualified instructor. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
First Aid Automated External Defibrillator
- identify initial actions to take upon arriving at an accident scene
- identify actions to take if an accident victim is unresponsive
- identify the correct action to take when a victim has suffered no trauma, depending on whether he or she is breathing
- identify the first actions to take in performing rescue breathing
- identify actions to take after the initial two sets of rescue breathing
- identify the correct procedures for chest compression during CPR
- describe the procedure for using an automated external defibrillator
- identify actions to take during a defibrillation procedure