Employees who handle or work with flammable or combustible materials
This course is intended for employees who work in environments where flammable liquids are used and stored. It covers the OSHA and NFPA standards for safe handling of flammable liquids, as well as best practices for storing and working safely around flammable liquids.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
Safe Handling Practices for Flammable Liquids
- recognize the OSHA and NFPA classification schemes for flammable liquids
- define the term flash point
- recognize safety requirements for flammable liquid storage tanks
- recognize how to help prevent safety issues related to piping used for flammable liquids
- recognize safety requirements for flammable liquid storage cabinets and rooms
- identify safe storage practices for flammable liquids
- recognize safety guidelines for fire protection equipment kept where flammable liquids are used or stored
- recognize ways to control ignition sources around flammable liquids
- identify safe practices for dealing with spills of flammable liquids