Fundamentals of Organizational Behavior for the Individual
Human Resource personnel, managers, supervisors, team members, and anyone who is interested in improving the individual and group behavior within their organization
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Globalization, diversity, outsourcing, virtual teams, downsizing, and changing forms of work are just some of the challenges facing companies today. Managers must be prepared to deal with the organizational issues that such challenges give rise to. Whether you’re in Human Resources, a manager of a large department, or the leader of your team, you have to be able to constantly improve the organizational dynamics in your workplace. To do this, you need to start with the individual, which means you need to be able to recognize and work with different individual behaviors, attitudes, and perceptions. This course defines organizational behavior and identifies the variables and characteristics that influence an individual’s attitudes and perceptions in the workplace, and how these can affect performance. And it shows how you can improve the attitudes, perceptions, and behaviors of employees at an individual level within your organization.
Individual Behavior in Organizations
- recognize how learning about organizational behavior can benefit you and your organization
- define organizational behavior
- recognize how various personality traits affect performance within an organization
- determine the factors driving an individual’s perceptions in a given scenario
- identify appropriate actions to take to improve an individual’s perceptions in an organization
- determine the factors influencing an individual’s attitude in a given scenario
- identify appropriate actions that could be taken to improve an individual’s attitude in a given scenario