Getting Online, Sharing, and Using SkyDrive in Windows 8.1
Business end users who are new to Windows, or existing Windows users who are new to Windows 8.1
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Microsoft Windows 8.1 makes it easy to get online by grouping all Internet connections and settings in one place. When you’re online, you can share content in Windows 8.1, for example through the Charms bar and File Explorer. And you can access SkyDrive, which is online storage available to anyone with a Microsoft account.
This course demonstrates how to join a Wi-Fi network; share items through File Explorer, HomeGroup, and the Charms bar; and set up and use SkyDrive.
Getting Connected with Windows 8.1
- familiarize yourself with your instructor and the content presented in this course
- switch Internet modes in Windows 8.1
- join a Wi-Fi network with a Windows 8.1 device
- get online in Windows 8.1
- use this job aid to get online in Windows 8.1
Sharing in Windows 8.1
- share items through HomeGroup in Windows 8.1
- share files and folders through File Explorer in Windows 8.1
- use the Share charm to share items between apps
- decide how to share items in Windows 8.1
- use this job aid to share items in Windows 8.1
SkyDrive in Windows 8.1
- open the SkyDrive app and set it up
- use the SkyDrive app in Windows 8.1
- recognize how to use the SkyDrive app in Windows 8.1
- use this job aid to get started with the SkyDrive app in Windows 8.1