Getting Started with ADO.NET 4 DataSets Using C# 2010
All organizations or individual consultants who are building or intend to build .NET Framework 4 applications with ADO.NET, Visual Studio 2010 and Visual C# 2010; corporate employees, consultants, and university or college students who are preparing for the Technology Specialist (TS): Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Exam 70-516.
Thorough knowledge of software-development concepts and the process of building business applications; experience building applications with the Microsoft .NET Framework; working experience of Visual Studio 2010 and Visual C# 2010
ADO.NET DataSet objects allow developers to utilize cached versions of data when working within disconnected data environments. This course examines the various aspects of DataSets and their role as one of the key components of the ADO.NET architecture. Specific topics covered include creating DataSets with Visual C# 2010, working with typed and untyped DataSets, and configuring typed DataSets and DataAdapters.
This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Technology Specialist: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Exam 70-516. Passing this exam will earn the learner the MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Data Access certification.
Creating Untyped DataSets with Visual C# 2010
- identify the scenarios in which it’s appropriate to use the disconnected access model in ADO.NET
- recognize the code for creating a DataSet, adding a DataTable to it, and setting column properties
- enforce and remove unique constraints for a column or an array of columns
- recognize how to programmatically fill an existing DataTable using a DataAdapter
- identify how to use a DataAdapter object to retrieve data
- recognize the steps for using the Fill method of a DataAdapter to page through query results
- create an untyped DataSet and DataTable structure
- enforce and remove unique constraints
- use a DataAdapter to fill a DataSet and enable results to be paged through
Creating Typed DataSets with Visual C# 2010
- recognize the steps for creating a typed DataSet
- identify the steps for creating a TableAdapter, using the TableAdapter Configuration Wizard
- recognize the different ways to create TableAdapters
- recognize the steps for updating a TableAdapter
- create a typed DataSet
- create and configure a TableAdapter
- add a query to a TableAdapter