Getting Started with Excel 2010
Individuals and business users with basic computer literacy
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Excel 2010 is the newest version of Microsoft’s comprehensive spreadsheet tool that offers features that support a wide range of functions. The Ribbon menu is unique to Microsoft Office and stacks the many features of Excel into related tabs, making it easy to quickly access the ones you need. Backstage view is a streamlined gathering of all file-level tools, such as those used for saving, printing, and sharing your files. This course explores these topics and many other basics of Excel 2010, including opening the application, creating new spreadsheets, entering data and, AutoFill features. It also provides an introduction to the many tools that will help you create and use your spreadsheets productively.
Opening Workbooks and Entering Data in Excel 2010
- start Excel 2010 and open an existing workbook
- identify the features of spreadsheets
- recognize the functions of key Excel 2010 interface elements
- create a new workbook
- enter data in a given scenario
- open a workbook based on an existing template
- open an Excel workbook
- enter data into an Excel workbook