Getting Started with Word 2010
Individuals and business users with basic computer literacy
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Word 2010 is the newest version of Microsoft’s dynamic word processing tool and it offers features that allow you to create attractive and engaging documents. The Ribbon menu, which is unique to Microsoft Office, organizes Words many features into related tabs and makes it easier to quickly access those you need. The new Backstage view provides a single streamlined ‘stage’ for all file-level tools, such as those used for saving, printing, and sharing your files. This course explores these topics and many other basics of using Word 2010, including opening the application, creating new documents, and an introduction to the many tools that will help you create and edit your documents.
The Basics of Word 2010
- recognize tasks you can perform in Word 2010
- open a Word 2010 document
- create a new document in Word 2010
- distinguish between the various ways of entering, selecting, and deleting text in Word 2010
- distinguish between the primary functions of key Word 2010 user interface components
- use basic features of Word 2010