Global Safety Principles: Fire Safety and Prevention
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course addresses how to prevent fires and recognise fire hazards. It will also discuss what actions to take in the event of a fire, including the proper use of portable fire extinguishers. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements.
Learner objectives are to define the chemistry of fire, recognise common fire hazards, classify types of fires and fire extinguishers, identify the general requirements of egress or exit standards, specify how to prevent workplace fires, identify how to respond to a fire and specify the proper use of portable fire extinguishers.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by Chilworth (a DEKRA Company) Global Experts in Safety and Process Safety.
Fire Prevention and Safety
- identify the characteristics of fire
- select the type of fire extinguisher to use on different types of fires
- identify the general requirements of evacuation plans
- identify how to prevent workplace fires
- identify how to respond to a specific situation during a fire emergency
- identify characteristics of handheld fire extinguishers
- identify the correct fire extinguisher to use on a particular type of material