Hazardous Waste Generator (RCRA)
Personnel who as a part of their routine job duties generate, characterize, or accumulate hazardous waste
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course provides basic information on hazardous waste determination and characterization. In addition, this course describes the three types of generator status (Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator, Small Quantity Generator, and Large Quantity Generator) along with applicable requirements. Generators must manage their hazardous waste per the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) regulations. Thus, accumulation, labeling, and other management requirements are described for both satellite accumulation areas and 90-day accumulation areas. Lastly, the importance of, and methods for, waste minimization and spill prevention and response are defined. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements. Learner objectives for this course are to identify and characterize all wastes, properly label and manage waste containers, use a manifest when RCRA waste is transported, properly dispose of hazardous waste, prepare waste generation reports, and maintain compliance records.
Hazardous Waste Generator (Awareness)
- identify EPA standards for hazardous wastes
- determine the waste classification that results from mixing substances
- identify safe use of containers holding hazardous substances
- identify characteristics of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes
- identify the requirements for accumulation areas
- identify controls required for hazardous waste containers and container tracking