Hearing Conservation Cal/OSHA
All personnel subject to the hearing conservation program
This training course will provide information to help you prevent noise-induced hearing loss. It will also explain the purpose and components of a hearing conservation program including the proper fitting, use, and care of hearing protectors. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements.
Learner objectives are to describe the effects of noise on hearing; discuss the components of Cal/OSHA’s Hearing Conservation Program noise monitoring, hearing tests, training, and hearing protection; and specify the proper selection, fitting, use, and care of hearing protectors.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
- identify the effects of noise on hearing
- identify key components of Cal/OSHA’s hearing conservation program
- identify the advantages and disadvantages of earplugs
- identify the advantages and disadvantages of canal caps
- identify the precautions to take when using various types of hearing protection