How Culture Impacts Communication
Individuals who want to develop and refine their cross-cultural communication skills.
With so much business happening on a global scale, cross-cultural communication is more important than ever before. Communication is always a challenge, and when diverse cultures interact, good communication can be even more challenging. In this course, you’ll learn about the importance of achieving a proper mindset for cross-cultural communication. You’ll explore aspects of cultures that affect how people communicate across cultural boundaries. You’ll learn also considerations for speaking and writing in cross-cultural environments.
Communicating in Cultural Contexts
- identify perspectives that support cross-cultural communications
- define high- and low-context communication styles
- classify examples of communication styles as low context
- recognize strategies for effective communication in low-context cultures
- identify examples of communication styles as high-context
- recognize strategies for effective communication in high-context cultures
- communicate effectively in low- and high-context settings