HR Competencies: Global and Cultural Effectiveness and Communication
This course is aimed at junior- or senior-level human resource professionals, HR managers, and all individuals preparing for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certification examinations of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Compensation and benefits analysts, administrators, staffing managers and recruiters will also have interest in this certification path. Courses in this curriculum are created keeping in mind certification as well as noncertification users of the content. While the curriculum helps learners to prepare for the SHRM certification exams, it is equally useful for HR professionals who want to develop capabilities for improving their effectiveness in the workplace and advancing their careers.
In a world where organizations operate with fewer national boundaries, HR professionals must have a global mindset and an appreciation of diversity. Having proficiency in global and cultural effectiveness means HR professionals value the perspectives and backgrounds of all the parties they interact with. Communication the ability to effectively exchange information with stakeholders is another crucial competency. Effective and timely communications with employees is needed to sustain their satisfaction and to address resistance to change. HR professionals need to be skilled communicators in order to interact and collaborate successfully with a variety of stakeholders in addressing business needs and challenges. This course discusses the global and cultural effectiveness and communication competencies and key behaviors that indicate proficiency in them. It presents examples of how skilled HR professionals use these competencies in the workplace. The content is based on the Body of Competency and Knowledge (BoCK), 2015 of Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). While the course helps learners to prepare for the SHRM-CP/SCP certification exams, it is equally useful for HR professionals who want to develop capabilities for improving their effectiveness in the workplace and advancing their career.
Global and Cultural Effectiveness
- recognize examples of how HR can demonstrate a global mindset
- recognize the different dimensions of culture
- identify the ways HR professionals can promote workplace diversity
- recognize behaviors that demonstrate proficiency in global and cultural effectiveness
- demonstrate your understanding of the behaviors that constitute global and cultural effectiveness in HR
Communication for HR Professionals
- identify skills and techniques that can assist HR professionals in communicating effectively
- identify the challenges to good communications in HR
- identify best practices for using technology as a communication channel
- recognize examples of behaviors that indicate proficiency in HR communication
- recognize examples of effective communication in a given scenario
- demonstrate your understanding of the behaviors that constitute effective communications in HR