Human Resource Development: Employee Training
Human resource professionals, managers, and all individuals preparing for the PHR and SPHR certification examinations of Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI); compensation and benefits analysts, administrators, staffing managers, and recruiters will also have interest in this certification path
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course examines human resources development theories and activities, used to help increase individual and organizational effectiveness. Learners are provided with direction on how to assess an organization’s training needs and how to approach employee training and development activities in order to develop general, as well as specialized, training initiatives and programs. Instruction on training facilitation techniques, instructional methods, and program delivery mechanisms is also provided. Approaches and tools for assessing the effectiveness of training and development initiatives are also addressed such as surveys, as well as, pre- and post-testing.
This course helps prepare individuals for the Human Resource Certification Institute’s (HRCI) PHR and SPHR certification examinations.
- recognize the key stages of a needs assessment
- identify the steps for designing training
- compare the benefits of in-house and outsourced training
- recognize the training delivery methods and their benefits
- recognize how to implement a training program
- recognize which seating arrangements are suitable for various training situations
- recognize the desired characteristics for a facilitator
- describe the levels at which training can be evaluated