Human Resource Development: Performance Appraisal and Talent Management
Human resource professionals, managers, and all individuals preparing for the PHR and SPHR certification examinations of Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI); compensation and benefits analysts, administrators, staffing managers, and recruiters will also have interest in this certification path
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course examines performance appraisals and talent management. One of the most important aspects of human resource development is retaining and extracting the most value out of high-potential employees. Instruction on how to develop and evaluate performance management programs is provided as well as methods to evaluate performance. This course also provides instruction on how to develop and evaluate the performance evaluation process and talent management programs. Mentoring and coaching approaches used to help manage organizational talent are also discussed. This course helps prepare individuals for the Human Resource Certification Institute’s (HRCI) PHR and SPHR certification examinations.
Performance Appraisal and Talent Management
- match the performance levels required for an organization to be successful to their contributing factors
- identify the factors that are needed to make a performance management system successful
- identify the components of an effective performance management system
- recognize how to prepare for and conduct an appraisal meeting
- recognize examples of performance appraisal methods
- identify examples of performance appraisal errors
- recognize the legal considerations for approaching performance appraisals
- identify examples of talent management
- recognize examples of career development programs
- identify the characteristics of a successful mentoring program
- describe the theories of leadership