Human Resource Development: Regulations and Organizational Development
Human resource professionals who are preparing for the Human Resource Certification Institute’s (HRCI) Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification exam.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course examines Human Resource Development (HRD) and Organizational Development (OD) activities and initiatives. It provides instruction on the relationship between HRD and the organization, the key components of HRD, along with key federal legislation that affects HRD activities both their development and delivery. This course also examines OD theories and applications and provides direction to HR professionals on how to approach OD initiatives to ensure they support organizational objectives. Employee development theories are also addressed, as well as how to approach employee training program activities using adult learning theories. This course helps prepare individuals for the Human Resource Certification Institute’s (HRCI) PHR and SPHR certification examinations.
Regulations and Organizational Development
- identify the five basic disciplines that distinguish learning organizations from traditional organizations
- recognize key domains essential to human resource development
- identify the primary functions of human resource development programs
- recognize examples of Copyright Act infringement
- recognize types of patent law infringement
- recognize the aims of an organization’s culture
- recognize the steps in developing a program that aligns with organizational business requirements and culture
- describe the Change Process theory
- match the intervention strategies of the implementation theory to their tools
- identify the main objectives of TQM
- recognize the meaning of each type of flowchart symbol
- describe the quality tools
- identify key aims of the Six Sigma methodology
- recognize the characteristics of adult learners
- identify learning styles
- recognize the six levels of learning according to Bloom’s Taxonomy
- recognize the motivational theories for adult learners