Personnel working with or around hydrogen sulfide gas
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course is designed to provide an awareness of hazards associated with hydrogen sulfide gas, as well as methods to detect and minimize exposure to the gas. The content of the course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements. The learning objectives of the course are to recognize the hazardous characteristics and exposure limits of hydrogen sulfide, describe the detection equipment and methods, recognize the symptoms of exposure to the gas, and learn the precautions to take during an emergency.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
- identify characteristics of hydrogen sulfide
- identify hazardous exposure limits for hydrogen sulfide
- identify hazardous effects of hydrogen sulfide
- identify symptoms of exposure to hydrogen sulfide
- identify hydrogen sulfide detection equipment and methods
- identify precautions to take during an emergency