Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI)
- 12 months access
- Classes taught by industry experts
- Hands-on labs
- Practice exam
- Class notes
- Comprehensive Student Guide
- Expert mentors available to answer questions
- Personal Success Adviser to help you reach your training goals
The DCUCI course focuses on the installation and implementation of Cisco’s Unified Computing System (UCS) B-Series Blade Servers and C-Series Rack-Mount Servers. Students learn how these servers can integrate with Local Area Network (LAN) and/or Storage Area Network (SAN) storage solutions. The course also includes a discussion of virtualization technologies, including the Cisco Nexus 1000V virtual switch.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Understand server system design and architecture.
- Be familiar with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking.
- Be familiar with SANs.
- Be familiar with Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP).
- Understand the fundamentals of Cisco’s Enterprise Data Center Architecture.
- Be familiar with hypervisor technologies (e.g. VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Citrix Xen)
CCNP Data Center
- Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric
- Course Introduction (which includes coverage of Cisco UCS C-Series servers)
- Manage the Cisco UCS B-Series
- Implement Cisco UCS B-Series Connectivity
- Provision Cisco UCS Compute Resources
- Implement Cisco UCS Server Virtualization Features
This course is recommended for any student working with Cisco UCS platforms. It is also perfect for students interested in pursuing their Cisco Certified Network Professional Data Center (CCNP Data Center) certification.
Expected Duration (hours)
- Install Cisco R-Series Rack Enclosures in the data center.
- Use Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC) to provision LAN and SAN connectivity for the C-Series server.
- Use the LSI MegaRAID web user interface to provision local hard drives into a RAID 5 array.
- Implement system management, maintenance, and high availability services for the Cisco UCS B-Series.
- Maintain Cisco UCS in a high-availability configuration.
- Implement generation 1 and generation 2 connectivity.
- Implement LAN & SAN connectivity for Cisco UCS B-Series hardware.
- Provision VLANs and fabric interconnect up-links for server connectivity to the Layer 3 data center cloud.
- Provision VSANs and fabric interconnect Fiber Channel up-links for server connectivity to the data center storage cloud.
- Provision service profiles with initial and updating templates.
- Implement virtualization features.
- Provision a Cisco VM-FEX