All persons who lift and handle materials and objects or engage in repetitive motions or other procedures that may be related to musculoskeletal disorders; employers who may be responsible for implementing an ergonomics program
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course is designed to provide the basic information needed to recognize and report musculoskeletal disorder (MSD) signs, symptoms, and risk factors. It addresses the key components of an ergonomics program and also provides information to assist both employees and employers in minimizing the risk of developing work-related MSDs. This course applies to employees and employers in industrial work settings. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements. Learner objectives are to define terms related to the study of ergonomics, recognize the general requirements of the ergonomics standard, recognize signs and symptoms of injury to the muscles and skeleton and the importance of early reporting, identify risk factors for injury to the muscles and skeleton, specify controls and work practices to reduce or eliminate risk factors for injury to the muscles and skeleton, and specify how to report MSD signs, symptoms, and hazards in your job and how the employer is required to address them.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
- define terms related to musculoskeletal disorders
- identify the characteristics of the human body system most affected by ergonomics
- identify signs and symptoms associated with musculoskeletal disorders
- identify true statements concerning the importance of early recognition of signs and symptoms associated with musculoskeletal disorders
- identify who to report signs and symptoms of ergonomic disorders to
- identify risk factors associated with musculoskeletal disorders
- recognize how risk factors are identified in the workplace
- identify administrative controls commonly used to reduce or eliminate musculoskeletal disorders in the workplace
- identify engineering controls commonly used to reduce or eliminate musculoskeletal disorders in the workplace
- identify how to prevent an injury to your back