Information Security Awareness
Federal government employees, employees of federal agencies, and supervisors and managers of federal employees
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Federal employees must be aware of the potential threats to the information systems they operate. They also need to be aware of the information assurance regulations governing these systems and operate these information systems securely. In addition, federal employees must understand how to adequately protect information including Personally Identifiable Information (PII). This course outlines the role of federal employees with regard to protecting information and ensuring the secure operation of federal information systems.
Introduction to Information System Security
- recognize how to achieve the goal of information security in an agency
- recognize examples of information security threats
- identify examples of the types of incidents that can compromise information security
Federal Information System Security
- identify the responsibilities federal employees have with regard to maintaining information security
- identify security measures and best practices federal employees should use in their everyday work
- identify security concerns posed by mobile and remote employees