Instant, Text, and Unified Messaging in Outlook 2007
Personnel at all levels of the enterprise; end users seeking competency in the advanced functionality of Microsoft Outlook 2007.
The Microsoft Office 2007: Beginning Outlook and Advanced Outlook learning paths or equivalent; basic knowledge of word processing and computing; familiarity with the Microsoft Windows and Office environments and an understanding of the Internet.
You can secure your e-mail in Microsoft Outlook 2007 using Information Rights Management (IRM), a feature that allows you to set access permissions for specific messages. Setting these restrictions secures your sensitive information against forwarding, printing, and copying. In addition, when used with an Exchange Server, Outlook 2007 provides you with a comprehensive messaging approach, including instant and text messaging to mobile devices. It also allows you to receive and listen to voice mail messages in your inbox, and send and receive faxes directly to and from your inbox. This course explains how to configure and implement IRM. It also discusses how to send and receive instant and text messages and faxes from your inbox, and how to configure Outlook for voice mail.
Using Instant, Text, and Unified Messaging
- turn on instant message online status in Outlook in a given scenario
- create and send a text message in a given scenario
- forward an Outlook item as a text message in a given scenario
- configure Unified Messaging in a given scenario
- play a voice message on a telephone in a given scenario
- create and send a text message
- set the voice mail PIN
- turn on missed call notification