Interpersonal communications is the means by which we develop meaningful relationships with others. In this course, you’ll learn about the interpersonal communication continuum and basic principles of effective interpersonal communication. You’ll explore the concept of the communication loop and the interpersonal gap. You’ll also learn how physical and personal space affects the way a message is received.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- The definition of interpersonal communication
- The eight principles of effective interpersonal communication
- How to bridge the interpersonal gap
- Components and considerations of sending a message
- Tips for using active listening to become a better communicator
- All professionals
- The Importance of Communicating Effectively
- What Is Interpersonal Communication?
- Buber’s Interpersonal Communication Continuum
2. Principles of Interpersonal Communication
- Eight Principles of Effective Interpersonal Communication
3. Obstacles to Communication
- Proxemic Zones
4. Interpersonal Gap
- What Is the Interpersonal Gap?
- Summary of Interpersonal Gap
5. Sending a Message
- Message Basics
- Content and Objectives
- Know Your Audience
- Message Formats
6. Active Listening
- Listening Facts
- Listening with Understanding
- How to Listen Actively
- Components of Active Listening
- Be an Active Listener
- The Use of Questions
- Perception Checking