Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes and Red Hat Open Shift (DO180)
- Developers wishing to containerize software applications
- Administrators new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects considering using container technologies in software architectures
- An ability to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Have Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
Note: You can learn about the benefits of containers, Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift with our free, technical overview course: Deploying Containerized Applications Technical Overview (DO080).
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) familiarizes students with building and managing Docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
- Introduce and review the course.
Get Started with Container Technology
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Create Containerized Services
- Provision a server using container technology.
- Manipulate pre-build container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage Container Images
- Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create Custom Container Images
- Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image.
Deploy Containerized Applications on Red Hat OpenShift
- Deploy single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploy Multi-Container Applications
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Troubleshoot Containerized Applications
- Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
Comprehensive Review of Introduction to Container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Docker, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.
Note: The course outline is subject to change as technology advances and the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, contact your training advisor or call 1-800-COURSES.