Introduction to IBM i for New Users
This basic course is intended for new end users employed in a data processing environment who are new to Power Systems with IBM i.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
In this course, you will learn basic concepts and skills you need to be productive users on Power Systems with IBM i. With plenty of hands-on lab exercises, we show everything from signing onto the available user interfaces; green screen environment and IBM Navigator for i. You will learn how objects are managed on the system and how you display these objects. You will learn to use control language (CL) commands (fast path) and how to work with and manage messages on the system. We will also address how to the system manages work and how you manage your printouts. We will also provide a basic overview of security.
- Unit 1 – Introduction and overview to IBM i
- Unit 2 – Using 5250 emulation interface
- Exercise 1- Using 5250 emulation interface
- Unit 3 – Using IBM Navigator for i
- Exercise 2 – Using IBM Navigator for i
- Unit 4 – Using the messages function on IBM i
- Exercise 3 – Using the messages function on IBM i
- Unit 5 – Using CL commands on IBM i
- Exercise 4 – Using CL commands on IBM i
- Unit 6 – Managing objects on IBM i
- Exercise 5 – Object management on IBM i
- Unit 7 – Managing your work on IBM i
- Exercise 6 – Tracking jobs and printouts on IBM i
- Unit 8 – IBM i security overview
- Unit 9 – Additional education