Introduction to SQL Databases (M10985)
- Individuals moving into a database role or whose role has expanded to include database technologies
This is a foundation-level course and therefore only requires general computer literacy.
In this course, you will learn fundamental database concepts for Microsoft SQL Server 2016, including database types, database languages and database designs.
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 10985: Introduction to SQL Databases.
- Redeem three SATVs* for a Classroom, Virtual Classroom, or Virtual Classroom Fit session
- Redeem three SATVs for an individual GK Digital Learning course plus digital Microsoft Official Courseware (dMOC)
- Redeem two SATVs for an individual GK Digital Learning course
*For more information on Microsoft SATVs, click here.
GK Digital Learning is also available with digital Microsoft Official Courseware (dMOC). Click here to purchase.
1. Introduction to Databases
- Relational databases
- Other types of databases
- Data analysis
- Database languages
2. Data Modeling
- ANSI/SPARC database model
- Entity relationship modeling
- Why normalize data
- Normalization terms
- Levels of normalization
- Schema mapping
- Referential integrity
- Query performance
6. Database Objects
- Stored procedures
- Other database objects