Introduction to SQL Databases (M10985)
In this course, you will learn fundamental database concepts for Microsoft SQL Server 2016, including database types, database languages and database designs.
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 10985: Introduction to SQL Databases.
- Redeem three SATVs* for a Classroom, Virtual Classroom, or Virtual Classroom Fit session
- Redeem three SATVs for an individual GK Digital Learning course plus digital Microsoft Official Courseware (dMOC)
- Redeem two SATVs for an individual GK Digital Learning course
- Key database concepts in the context of SQL Server 2016
- Database languages used in SQL Server 2016
- Data modeling techniques
- Normalization and denormalization techniques
- Relationship types and effects in database design
- Effects of database design on performance
- Commonly used database objects
- Individuals moving into a database role or whose role has expanded to include database technologies
This is a foundation-level course and therefore only requires general computer literacy.
1. Introduction to Databases
- Relational databases
- Other types of databases
- Data analysis
- Database languages
2. Data Modeling
- ANSI/SPARC database model
- Entity relationship modeling
- Why normalize data?
- Normalization terms
- Levels of normalization
- Schema mapping
- Referential integrity
- Query performance
6. Database Objects
- Stored procedures
- Other database objects