IT Project Management Essentials: Initiating and Planning IT Projects
IT project managers and IT professionals preparing to take on IT project management responsibilities, as well as managers who support IT project managers
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
If you want your IT project to complete successfully, you need to get it off to a good start. During the early stages of a project the initiating and planning phases a project manager should clarify objectives and requirements and create a project plan that delineates, among other things, what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, and how much it will likely cost. Although the plan may change as the project progresses, its important to get down as much detail as you can at the very beginning. This course describes how to initiate an IT project effectively. It then focuses on three key areas of planning developing a work breakdown structure, schedule planning, and cost planning.
Initiating and Planning IT Projects
- match steps you take when initiating an IT project to examples of how they are carried out
- sequence examples of the steps in developing a work breakdown structure
- recognize the benefits of being able to develop an effective work breakdown structure
- sequence activities for developing a project schedule
- match project cost estimating techniques to their descriptions