ITIL® 2011 Edition OSA: Incident Management Interactions
Employees from companies that provide or rely upon IT services; individuals looking to enhance their career prospects by pursuing the ITIL® Intermediate qualification Operational Support and Analysis certificate, a high-profile and highly regarded IT business certification.
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The ability to resolve a problem efficiently is critical for both you and your customers. But what happens when you have dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of customers each contacting you with the same issue? While you may be able to resolve each of their incidents one at a time, the loss of time, revenue, and resources is far too great to manage this way. Effective Incident Management is not just about resolving incidents as quickly as you can. It’s about having the ability to identify and address widespread incidents, developing processes for handling categories of incidents as efficiently as possible, and taking proactive steps to address problems before incidents even occur based on patterns you see in incidents being reported.
This course covers the nine steps in the Incident Management process, including identifying, categorizing, and closing incidents. This course also details the different ways incidents can be triggered, and the interfaces of incidents and Incident Management with other processes. Finally, the course covers the challenges, risks, and critical success factors of managing incidents effectively.
This course will assist the learner in preparing for the ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis certificate and is aligned with the ITIL® Intermediate syllabus.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
Incident Management Techniques
- perform basic Incident Management following the Incident Management process
- identify ways that incidents can be triggered
- explain how Incident Management interfaces other Service Operation processes
- identify the Information Management data used in Incident Management
- manage incidents by applying the Incident Management process, for a given scenario
- classify Incident Management data according to its sources of information, for a given scenario
- break down the Incident Management process into its constituent activities and interfaces
Critical Success Factors and Challenges
- identify examples of metrics used in Incident Management and how to report them
- recognize examples of the challenges faced by Incident Management
- identify the critical factors for successful Incident Management
- specify the Incident Management metrics required to investigate an incident, for a given scenario
- determine the challenge posed to effective Incident Management, for a given scenario
- analyze the Incident Management process, for a given scenario