ITIL® 2011 Edition OSA: Introduction to Event Management
Employees from companies that provide or rely upon IT services; individuals looking to enhance their career prospects by pursuing the ITIL® Intermediate qualification Operational Support and Analysis certificate, a high-profile and highly regarded IT business certification.
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
It’s essential that you know the status of all components in your IT infrastructure at any given time. Monitoring all events that occur can provide you with invaluable data to help your organization identify and isolate not only problems that are happening, but areas that require improvement before troubles exist.
This course provides an introduction to Event Management, including its goals and scope, and how Event Management processes interact with other processes in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle.
The course also covers the specific components of Event Management including triggers and interfaces, and the detailed steps of Event Management. Finally, the course explores the key performance indicators, challenges and risks of Event Management, and the specific areas to consider when designing it.
This course will assist the learner in preparing for the ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis certificate and is aligned with the ITIL® Intermediate syllabus.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
Goals and Policies
- explain the purpose of Event Management
- outline the scope of Event Management
- identify the advantages of Event Management to business
- distinguish between types of events
- identify what determines event types
- recognize the purpose, scope, and business value of Event Management
- recognize examples of different types of event
Event Management and the Service Lifecycle
- recognize how the Event Management process works
- identify examples of triggers
- identify processes with which Event Management interfaces
- identify key information required in Event Management
- distinguish between the activities in the Event Management process
- recognize components and key data required in Event Management
Critical Success Factors, Risk, and Design
- explain the approach to service measurement in Event Management
- outline how to build a Service Measurement Framework for Event Management
- explain what service measures should be defined in Event Management
- specify the metrics used to measure the Event Management process
- recognize how to meet the key challenges to effective Event Management
- specify key factors when designing instrumentation for Event Management
- recognize the functions of error messaging and thresholds in Event Management design
- identify the requirements for effective event detection and alert mechanisms in Event Management design
- determine risks faced by Event Management
- design Event Management
- determine Event Management objectives and policies
- analyze how Event Management contributes to efficient services
- analyze a design for Event Management