ITIL® 2011 Edition OSA: Introduction to Operational Support and Analysis
Employees from companies that provide or rely upon IT services; individuals looking to enhance their career prospects by pursuing the ITIL® Intermediate qualification Operational Support and Analysis certificate, a high-profile and highly regarded IT business certification.
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
Within the context of ITIL®, service operation is sometimes referred to as the ‘factory’ of IT. It focuses on the daily activities and organizational infrastructure that are used to deliver services to the organization and the customer. The proper management of these activities and organizational infrastructure is the key to ensuring service operations functions and processes are delivered successfully. Service operations best practices also ensure adequate monitoring and controlling measures are in place and followed throughout the service lifecycle. This ultimately leads to strategic objectives being realized by the organization.
This course provides an introduction to operational support and analysis. Specifically, the course covers the fundamentals of the ITIL® service operation core area, and how the processes and functions of service operation work within and support the overall service lifecycle.
This course will assist the learner in preparing for the ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis certificate and is aligned with the ITIL® Intermediate syllabus.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
Service Operation and the Service Lifecycle
- identify the fundamentals of Service Operation
- identify key characteristics of the Service Life Cycle model
- distinguish between Service Life Cycle functions and processes
- recognize how a Service Life Cycle can solve Service Management problems
- recognize Service Operation process activities
- recognize Service Operation function activities
- identify how to improve Service Operation performance
- assess basic service issues
- address basic service issues