ITIL® 2011 Edition OSA: Introduction to the Service Desk
Employees from companies that provide or rely upon IT services; individuals looking to enhance their career prospects by pursuing the ITIL® Intermediate qualification Operational Support and Analysis certificate, a high-profile and highly regarded IT business certification.
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
Whether you call your Internet provider because you can’t connect to your bank because your online banking password isn’t working or your satellite television provider because your signal is poor, chances are all these different calls for completely different things will have at least one thing in common you’ll reach a Service Desk. This is because most IT service providers recognize the value and necessity of a Service Desk for their internal and external customers. Service Desks are an integral point of contact in organizations for addressing IT service-related issues, concerns and questions, and it’s essential they are set up properly in order to achieve customer satisfaction and organizational objectives.
This course covers the importance and benefits of the Service Desk in an IT service delivery organization, as well as the objectives and responsibilities Service Desks strive to deliver.
This course also covers the different Service Desk organizational structures, such as local, centralized, and virtual, and also explores the different considerations, such as the environment that must be addressed when setting up and maintaining a Service Desk. Finally, the course covers the key considerations when staffing a Service Desk such as different roles necessary, skill levels, training considerations, and staff retention.
This course will assist the learner in preparing for the ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis certificate and is aligned with the ITIL® Intermediate syllabus.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
Service Desk Role and Objectives
- recognize the key features of a Service Desk
- identify the benefits a Service Desk brings to an organization
- identify the responsibilities of the Service Desk
- specify the role of the Service Desk
- distinguish between the different benefits a Service Desk brings to an organization
- determine the objective and responsibilities of the Service Desk
Service Desk Structures and Staffing
- identify each of the different Service Desk organizational structures
- classify considerations when setting up a Service Desk
- identify considerations for staffing a Service Desk
- match the staff roles needed for the Service Desk to their descriptions
- analyze Service Desk requirements, for a given scenario