ITIL® 2011 Edition OSA: Problem Management Process Interfaces and Challenges
Employees from companies that provide or rely upon IT services; individuals looking to enhance their career prospects by pursuing the ITIL® Intermediate qualification Operational Support and Analysis certificate, a high-profile and highly regarded IT business certification.
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
An efficient Problem Management process is vital in ensuring your organization is ready to handle and resolve problems successfully. And the ability to know what information is important and how to use that information to analyze how well your Problem Management process is performing can mean the difference between success and failure in your Problem Management efforts.
This course details the components of Problem Management, including triggers such as staff, suppliers, and testing. This course also covers the interfaces of Problem Management with other processes across the Service Life Cycle and the specific information systems used in Problem Management. Finally the course details the critical success factors necessary for ensuring successful operations in Problem Management.
This course will assist the learner in preparing for the ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis certificate and is aligned with the ITIL® Intermediate syllabus.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
Process Interfaces and Information Management
- identify reasons why Problem Records are triggered
- recognize how Problem Management interfaces with Service Transition processes
- recognize how Problem Management interfaces with Service Design processes
- recognize how Problem Management interfaces with the Service Level Management process
- recognize how Problem Management interfaces with the Financial Management process
- identify the function of the CMS in Problem Management
- identify the function of the Known Error Database in Problem Management
- specify the interface procedures of Problem Management during the Service Life Cycle
- assess how the CMS and Known Error Database support the Problem Management process
KPIs and Critical Success Factors
- identify the key metrics for measuring the effectiveness of the Problem Management process
- recognize the approach to analyzing metrics in Problem Management
- recognize the key questions to ask when analyzing metrics in Problem Management, given an example
- identify the critical success factors of Problem Management
- assess the effectiveness of the Problem Management process for a given example
- resolve issues with the Problem Management process for a given scenario