ITIL® 2011 Edition OSA: Request Fulfillment Process Interfaces and Challenges
Employees from companies that provide or rely upon IT services; individuals looking to enhance their career prospects by pursuing the ITIL® Intermediate qualification Operational Support and Analysis certificate, a high-profile and highly regarded IT business certification.
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
What would you think if you called your Internet provider to get a new password, and they told you it was going to be a week before they could resolve your request? Or even worse, imagine them not being able to do it at all because of poor planning. Efficient request fulfillment is critical to keeping your customers happy. And in order to perform well, you need a clear definition of the types of requests that can flow through request fulfillment processes, and well-planned procedures for addressing the requests. You also need to be able to foresee possible risks, so you can implement preventative measures.
This course covers the components of request fulfillment, including triggers, interfaces, and necessary information for adequately addressing common requests. The course also explores the challenges and risks, along with critical success factors that, if implemented in your processes, can lead to successful request fulfillment in your organization.
This course will assist the learner in preparing for the ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis certificate and is aligned with the ITIL® Intermediate syllabus.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
Process Interfaces and Request Fulfillment
- identify the triggers and interfaces of the Request Fulfillment process
- identify the types of information in the information sources necessary for Request Fulfillment
- distinguish between examples of the components of the Request Fulfillment process
- apply the Request Fulfillment process, for a given scenario
- decompose the Request Fulfillment process into its key components
Critical Success Factors, Challenges and Risks
- identify the key metrics for measuring the effectiveness of the Request Fulfillment process
- identify the typical challenges faced by Request Fulfillment
- recognize the critical factors for successful Request Fulfillment
- assess the effectiveness of the Request Fulfillment process, for a given example
- analyze the Request Fulfillment process, for a given scenario