ITIL® 2011 Edition Overview: Certification and Benefits
Management and staff who want to gain a good understanding of ITIL® at a high level, and those making any decisions about implementing ITIL®-aligned standards, or pursuing ITIL® certification.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
It’s widely accepted that certification in a particular subject area builds credibility and trust in your work and performance. Obtaining ITIL® certification positions you as a highly-regarded asset to your colleagues, organization, and industry. But how do you know exactly what level of certification is right? And what specific areas, whether it be in your individual professional career, or your organization as a whole, would benefit from ITIL® certification? And how?
This course provides a detailed overview of the purpose, vision, and principles of the ITIL® certification scheme. Specifically, the course covers the knowledge areas, target audience, and examination format of all of the available ITIL® certification levels: Foundation, Intermediate, Expert, and Master. Finally, the course covers the benefits of achieving ITIL® certification, both to the individual and to the organization.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
ITIL® 2011 Edition Certification Qualifications
- recognize the goals of the ITIL® Foundation certificate
- identify the purpose and vision of the ITIL® Qualification Scheme
- identify the modules of the Service Life Cycle series
- recognize the requirements for the Service Life Cycle series exams
- recognize the focus and objectives of the Service Capability series
- identify the objectives of the Managing Across the Life Cycle series
- recognize the requirements for the Managing Across the Life Cycle Intermediate exam
- recognize the requirements for the ITIL® Expert level certification
- recognize the objectives of the ITIL® Master level certification
Benefits of ITIL® 2011 Edition Certification
- recognize the personal benefits of an ITIL® certification
- identify benefits of ITIL® certification to an organization
- choose the appropriate level of ITIL® certification needed in a given scenario