ITIL® 2011 Edition Overview: Creating a Service Culture
Management and staff who want to gain a good understanding of ITIL® 2011 Edition at a high level, and those making any decisions about implementing ITIL® 2011 Edition-aligned standards, or pursuing ITIL® 2011 Edition certifications.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Organizations around the globe rely on information technology now more than ever in order to survive and thrive in today’s competitive environment. But how do you balance the growing need for information technology management with tried and true business practices? How do you align processes, people, and systems while maintaining and improving your ability to meet customer demands and further develop business success?
This course provides an introduction to ITIL®, and covers the ITIL® fundamentals. Specifically, what ITIL® is, the history of ITIL®, the benefits of ITIL®, and the importance of aligning IT with business. This course also introduces key aspects of implementing ITIL® in your organization, including the importance of a service culture to support ITIL®, and critical success factors for implementing ITIL®.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
ITIL® 2011 Edition Fundamentals
- recognize the characteristics of ITIL®
- identify the reasons why ITIL® is successful
- explain how ITIL® originated
- identify the goals of ITIL®
- recognize common perception of IT functions within an organization
- explain how ITIL® can help overcome misconceptions about IT functions
- recognize what comprises a service culture
- recognize the key methods in achieving a shift to a service culture
- identify the things you need to do before starting ITIL® implementation
- recognize key considerations for a successful ITIL® implementation
- choose the appropriate way to create a service culture in a given situation