Java SE7 New Features: I/O, Network, and Desktop Enhancements
Programmers familiar with previous versions of Java who wish to explore new features and enhancements and begin using Java SE 7
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
The release of Java SE 7 includes several I/O, network, and desktop enhancements. This course covers I/O enhancements, such as enhancements in file I/O APIs, the Path interface and the methods for manipulating a path, as well as the Files class and its methods for file operations. It also explores network enhancements, such as the new Asynchronous I/O API, working with AsychronousSocketChannel and completion handlers, AsychronousServerSocketChannel, AsynchronousFileChannel, and AsynchronousDatagramChannel. Desktop enhancements, such as the new features for Swing components and Java 2D, are also covered.
I/O Enhancements in Java
- identify enhancements in File I/O APIs
- work with the Path interface
- use the Files class to work with files or directories
- describe how to use the Files class to work with directories, links, and the File Tree
Network and Desktop Enhancements in Java
- describe how to work with the Asynchronous I/O API and completion handlers
- describe desktop enhancements in Java
- use the asynchronous file channel API
- use the JLayer and LayerUI classes
- use formatted text fields