Java SE7 New Features: Java Language and Technology Enhancements
Programmers familiar with previous versions of Java who wish to explore new features and enhancements and begin using Java SE 7
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
The release of Java SE 7 brings a number of new features and enhancements. This course introduces and describes these features and improvements. The course also describes the operating systems and browser support, and Java SE 7 support in NetBeans IDE 7.0.1. It explores Java language enhancements, such as using Strings in switch statements, improved integral literals, improved type inference, improved exception handling, the try-with-resources statement, and simplified varargs method invocation. Core technology enhancements, such as the JVM enhancements – support for dynamically typed languages, the garbage-first collector, and upgraded class-loader architecture – as well as concurrency and collections, and JDBC enhancements, are also covered.
Java Language and Technology Enhancements
- identify the new features of JDK 7
- use language enhancements in JDK 7
Core Technology Enhancements in Java
- describe the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) enhancements in Java SE 7
- describe the concurrency and collection enhancements in Java SE 7
- describe the JDBC enhancements in Java SE 7
- implement the Fork/Join framework
- use the ThreadLocalRandom class
- use JDBC enhancements