Kicking Off Your Project
Project Management Professional (PMP)-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Learn to use the project kickoff meeting to get everyone involved and focused on the big picture and the long-term goals of the project. Discover what you need to do to prepare for an effective kickoff meeting and what needs to be included in the meeting agenda. You’ll also learn what to avoid in your kickoff meetings.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What Is a Kickoff Meeting
- What Is the Purpose of a Kickoff Meeting
- Benefits and Drawbacks of Kickoff Meetings
2. Preparing for the Kickoff Meeting
- Questions to Answer in the Kickoff Meeting
- What Do You Want to Accomplish with the Kickoff Meeting
- Understanding Client Expectations
- Who Should You Invite
3. Developing the Kickoff Meeting Agenda
- Components of the Kickoff Agenda
4. Running the Kickoff Meeting
- How to Run a Productive Meeting
- Kickoff Don’ts
- Be Prepared to Lead the Meeting
- Set the Pace
- Get Feedback