Ladder Safety Canada
Employees who use portable or fixed ladders during work tasks
This course provides information about the safe use of portable and fixed ladders. The intent of the course is to provide the learner with information about the hazards involved with the use of ladders and control methods that will greatly reduce these hazards.
The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements. Learner objectives are to identify hazards related to the general use of ladders and how to control these hazards, describe the types of portable ladders and their use, capacities, and safety considerations, describe the specific use, capacities, and safety features of fixed ladders, and specify proper guidelines for ladder care and maintenance.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
- identify safe practices when working with a ladder
- identify the types of portable ladders and their use, capacities, and safety considerations
- identify the correct placement of a ladder using the 4-to-1 rule
- indicate the specific use, capacities, and safety features of fixed ladders
- identify characteristics of fall protection and safety devices for fixed ladders
- state proper guidelines for ladder care and maintenance