Leading a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe Agilist Certification)
- This course is beneficial to all members on an Agile team, but it is primarily oriented towards those leading the efforts to adopt and scale Lean and Agile principles and practices via the Scaled Agile Framework.
- This course is ideally suited for managers, program managers, coaches, and anyone helping lead the SAFe implementation.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
In this two-day Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) training course, you will gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise-level Agile transformation by leveraging SAFe and its underlying principles of Lean thinking and Product Development Flow.
Scale Agile Across Multiple Teams or the Enterprise
Organizations have been using Agile methodologies for years to deliver more value to their customers in less time. Most organizations are complex systems that require collaboration and coordination across multiple delivery teams. This two-day class will show you how to do it well. Additionally, when other areas of your company are not leveraging Agile, the ability to skyrocket results becomes a daunting task. You will learn how to handle these hurdles in this class. The SAFe framework, developed by Dean Leffingwell, outlines an approach to help organizations harness the power of Agile across delivery teams and your full organization.
Become a Certified SAFe Agilist
Those who wish to pursue certification in SAFe are eligible to complete the exam to earn the SAFe Agilist certification. As more organizations look to scale Agile, the recognition of your knowledge and experience is valuable both to you and others. Attendees will develop an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Lean thinking, Agile Development, SAFe ScrumXP, Agile Release Train, Agile Portfolio Management, Agile Architecture and Scaling Leadership. Whether at the team, program, or portfolio level, attendees will be able to explain and implement the practices necessary to achieve business and technical alignment and consistent, sustainable delivery of value.
Taking this Scaled Agile Framework training course satisfies the requirement for the SAFe Agilist certification and prepares you to pass the exam.
1. What is SAFe
- SAFe Implementation Strategy
- History of SAFe
- SAFe Core Values
2. Lean Thinking
- Lean Tools
- House of Quality
- Optimal Batch Size
- Product Development Flow
- Controlling Flow Under Uncertainty
- Decentralized Control
- Value Stream Mapping
3. Agile Development
- Accelerating Value Delivery
- Brief Agile Overview
- Business Benefits
- Case Studies
4. SAFe at the Team Level
- Overview of Scrum plus XP in SAFe
- Roles in ScrumXP
- The Power of “Ba”
- Backlog Sizing and Estimating
- Estimating and Planning
- Code Quality and Continuous Integration
5. SAFe at the Program Level
- What is an ART
- What are the Rules of an ART
- What new Roles are added
- Identifying ART opportunities
- Program Vision and Roadmap
- Optimal ROI and the Economics of the Cost of Delay
- ART Duration Estimating
- Release Planning and Managing the Train
6. SAFe at the Portfolio Level
- What is Portfolio Program Management (PPM)
- What is PPM’s role in Strategy and Investment Funding
- What is PPM’s role in Governance
- Dealing with Legacy Mindsets
7. Agile Architecture
- Architecture in SAFe
- ART and System Architecture
- 7 Principles of Agile Architecture
- SAFe’s Architectural Runway
8. Scaling Leadership How to scale Lean and Agile leadership across the enterprise.
- Becoming a Lean Agile Leader
- Managing your Knowledge Workers
- Creating Purpose and Articulating
- Product Vision
- Analyzing the Value Stream
- Assessing Agile Teams
- Coaching with Powerful Questions