Linux Kernel Compilation and Linux Startup
Students wishing to acquire the intermediate skills required as a Linux system administrator
A knowledge of basic Linux system administration
As a Linux System Administrator, you may find that there are times you need to update or customize your Linux kernel for new features, bugfixes, or optimal performance. This course covers the tasks involved in building, patching, and customizing a Linux kernel. In addition, it also covers customizing and troubleshooting booting a Linux system.
This course is for people taking Advanced Level Linux Professional (LPIC-2) Exam 201.
The Linux kernel
- identify the characteristics of Linux kernels and kernel modules
- recognize the procedure for compiling and installing a Linux kernel
- compile and install a Linux kernel
- patch a Linux kernel
- configure kernel modules and modify kernel settings
- customize Linux system startup and boot processes
- recognize how to manipulate the Linux boot process and recover from filesystem failures
- customize Linux system startup and perform system recovery tasks