Linux Network Configuration
Students wishing to acquire the intermediate skills required as a Linux system administrator
A knowledge of basic Linux system administration
As a Linux System Administrator, you will need to setup and configure network clients and DNS services. This course covers the tasks involved in basic and advanced options for configuring Linux network clients and DNS services. In addition, it also covers securing a Linux DNS server.
This course is for people taking Advanced Level Linux Professional (LPIC-2) Exam 201.
Network client configuration
- configure a Linux client for networking
- identify the requirements for a Linux VPN implementation and distinguish between troubleshooting utilities
- perform network client configuration tasks
- recognize how to perform basic BIND 8/9 configuration tasks
- create a DNS zone file and test the DNS configuration
- configure DNS zones on a Linux system
- identify methods for securing a Linux DNS server