Linux Network Services
Students wishing to acquire the intermediate skills required as a Linux system administrator
A knowledge of basic Linux system administration
As a Linux System Administrator, configuring servers to provide services and improve the work environment for your users is a common task. This course describes configuring mail services such as Sendmail and Postfix. It also covers The configuration of the Apache web server, Nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server, as well as the Squid proxy server.
This course is for people taking Advanced Level Linux Professional (LPIC-2) Exam 202.
- recognize the components and features of typical e-mail service configurations
- use Procmail to manage mail traffic
- configure mail services
Implementing a web server
- recognize the procedure for installing and configuring an Apache Server
- configure virtual hosting on an Apache web server and install an SSL certificate
- describe the consideration involved in Nginx configuration and use
- identify characteristics of Apache web server and virtual hosting configurations
- recognize the key characteristics and security features of Squid