Linux System Maintenance and Hardware Configuration
Students wishing to acquire the intermediate skills required as a Linux system administrator
A knowledge of basic Linux system administration
As a Linux System Administrator, you will need to add and configure hardware within your servers. This course will give you an understanding of these topics, as well as configuring software RAID, system logging, packaging software, and creating a plan for system backups.
This course is for people taking the Advanced Level Linux Professional (LPIC-2) Exam 202.
- configure and implement software RAID
- identify procedures for installing new hardware devices in Linux
- recognize how to configure kernel options to support hardware devices
- configure software RAID and logical volumes
- configure system logging
- recognize the procedure for building DEB and RPM packages
- identify factors to consider when formulating a backup plan
- configure system logging and recognize the requirements for a debian package installation