All employees who use power tools and machines during the course of their work
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course will provide definitions, general requirements, and requirements for different kinds of machinery concerning the Machine Guarding Program. It will provide general discussion of various guarding methods, as well as defining terms associated with machine guarding. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements.
Learner objectives are to identify where mechanical hazards exist, identify the motions and actions of mechanical hazards, specify the hazards created by different kinds of motions, describe the minimum requirements that must be met by all safeguards, recognize the advantages and disadvantages of guard construction, and identify the different types of safeguard devices and guards.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
- identify the names of the areas where mechanical hazards exist in machines
- identify the mechanical point on a machine where hazardous actions are most likely to occur
- identify actions that can result in injury
- recognize the minimum requirements that must be met by all safeguards
- recognize the advantages of various types of guard construction
- identify the different types of safety guards and devices